I still remember the last day of first grade, when our teacher treated the class to little cups with orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream swirled together.
I tried to capture that same delicious flavor when I created these creamy layered bars.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour half over crust.
- Add the orange juice concentrate, orange peel, extract and food coloring to the remaining cream cheese mixture; beat until combined. Pour over first layer.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 106 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.